Daily devotion:We Belong To The Family of Love part 2

 TOPIC: We  Belong To The Family of Love part 2



Text: Eph 5: 1 - 2

  Be ye, therefore, FOLLOWERS OF GOD, as dear children; AND WALK IN LOVE, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savior.

The Spirit of God in this passage is exhorting us to be followers of God.

According to our text, how do we follow God?

"AND  WALK IN LOVE..."

We follow God by walking in love.

Since God is love,  walking in the ways of love is walking in the ways of God. Following the love of  God is following God. Allowing the love of God to control your life is allowing God to control your life. 

In the family of God,  love runs our lives. 

The Father God is a loving Father. He is full of love and He is love personified. He demonstrates extravagant love.

The Bible  says about the Father that :

BEHOLD, WHAT MANNER OF LOVE THE FATHER HATH BESTOWED UPON US, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. (1 John 3 : 1)

We also read in John's gospel that 

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3 : 16)

This Father God is a loving Father and everything He does is based on love. 

Jesus our elder brother also loves extremely. He demonstrated the greatest love by laying down His life for us.

Shalom

Confession 

I am a love child of a Love God. My Father is love and I am loved by nature. I belong to the family of love. Therefore I walk in love, naturally. I do not struggle to love others because love is my real nature.

0 Comments

Newest